Learn how to create beautiful patterns using a range of both modern and traditional techniques in this intermediate marbling workshop.
If you’ve already fallen in love with marbling and are ready to take your skills to the next level, this is the workshop for you!
What to Expect
Paper marbling is a centuries-old art where paint is floated upon a shallow tank of thickened water and drawn through with various tools to create striking, fluid patterns. During this fast-paced three-hour workshop, you will each use an A3 marbling tray and work with a selection of high-quality papers.
You should already be familiar with the basic concepts of marbling with acrylic paints and know how to prepare paper with alum, apply paints, and make a number of simple patterns. It’s recommended that you will have previously attended our Introduction to Marbling workshop.
Contemporary paper marbler Lucy McGrath will guide you through mixing and balancing your preferred acrylic colours and demonstrate a number of patterns, with a focus on:
- Spanish Wave pattern and variations on this technique
- Patterns using a variety of combs including:
- Bouquet & Peacock
Marbling is great fun but super messy so make sure you wear old clothes (and shoes)! You don’t need to bring anything except a healthy dose of creativity.
You can opt to get your favourite paper made into a beautiful hand-bound sketchbook, notebook or diary at 30% off the RRP, an exclusive offer for marbling workshop attendees.
We take the safety and security of our guests and staff very seriously and have completed a full risk assessment for our marbling workshops to ensure the lowest risk of COVID-19 infection.
- wearing of face masks or visors is mandatory for all participants and staff
- workshops are held in a large indoors space and all windows will be opened for maximum air flow
- all surfaces, door handles and fixtures cleaned before and after workshop
- hand sanitiser available at entrance to building
- hand washing station is within workshop room and accessible throughout the session
If you can no longer attend the workshop, please contact us to let us know at least 72 hours before the event for a full refund or rebooking onto a suitable date.