Check out our eligibility criteria & how to apply.
Frequently asked questions
- 1.Who can have a studio at Cockpit?
- 2.Do I have to make all of my work?
- 3.What does Cockpit mean by artist-maker?
- 4.I’m a fine artist/sculptor/photographer/product designer/illustrator. Can I get a studio?
- 5.I’m a fashion designer. Can I apply for a place?
- 6.How does Cockpit select makers?
- 7.What are Cockpit's selection criteria?
- 1.How can I get an application form?
- 2.How long does the application process take?
- 3.Is there a waiting list?
- 4.What information do I need to provide in the application form?
- 5.What if my application is rejected?
- 6.How do I submit a video application?
- 7.Do you have any tips for making a video application?
Awards & bursaries
- 1.What is the difference between an award, bursary and a standard studio at Cockpit?
- 2.How do I apply for an award or bursary?
- 3.Who is eligible and what is the criteria for an award or bursary?
- 4.I’ve received an award or bursary, how will you assign me a studio?
- 5.What are the terms and conditions of an award or bursary?
- 1.What is a craft business incubator?
- 2.How do you know that incubators work?
- 3.I am a start-up. How can an incubator help me?
- 4.I am an established maker. How can an incubator help me?
- 5.Can I attend workshops or seminars if I don’t have a studio at Cockpit?
- 6.Can I have one-to-one business coaching if I don’t have a studio at Cockpit?
- 7.Can I show at Open Studios if I don’t have a studio at Cockpit?
Studios & equipment
- 1.What are the studios like at Cockpit?
- 2.Where are you based?
- 3.What office facilities and resources do you provide?
- 4.Do you provide equipment for making?
- 5.Can I have a studio without other incubation benefits?
- 6.Can I get a single studio?
- 7.Can I get a very small studio (<100sq ft)?
- 8.How long can I have a studio for? Is there an exit policy?
- 9.What are the studio terms, i.e. notice to leave?
- 10.What is the difference between the studios in Bloomsbury and Deptford?
- 11.What insurance do I need if I have a studio at Cockpit?
Licence fees & other charges
- 1.How does the licence fee work?
- 2.What does the licence fee include / exclude?
- 3.What does the education and training fee include?
- 4.What additional opportunities will I have to pay for?
- 5.How is the licence fee calculated?
- 6.Do the studio rates ever increase?
- 7.Are studios at Cockpit less expensive than other studios?
- 8.Can I have a subsidised studio?
- 1.What are the standard compulsory requirements for Cockpit studio makers?
- 2.What are the additional compulsory requirements for Cockpit makers on awards, bursaries and programmes?
- 1.What business development benefits do Cockpit makers enjoy?
- 2.What PR and sales benefits do Cockpit makers enjoy?
- 1.Example studio space #1
- 2.Example studio space #2
- 3.Example studio space #3
- 4.Example studio space #4